Updated 15th December 2020 | 14:42 IST
|Real Name||Mouni Roy|
|Famous Role(s)||Sati in TV serial “Devon Ke Dev…Mahadev” Naagin in TV serial “Naagin…Mohabbat Aur Inteqaam Ki Dastaan”|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters– 165 cm in meters– 1.65 m in feet inches– 5’ 5”|
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms– 50 kg in pounds– 110 lbs|
|Figure Measurements (approx.)||34-26-34|
|Date of Birth||28 September 1985|
|Age (as in 2018)||33 Years|
|Birthplace||Cooch Behar, West Bengal, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Libra|
|Hometown||Cooch Behar, West Bengal, India|
|School||Kendriya Vidyalaya in Baburhat, Cooch Behar|
|College/Universities||Miranda House, University of Delhi, New Delhi Jamia Millia Islamia University, Delhi|
Read Also | Rhea Chakraborty Age, Height, Boyfriend, Family,
Biography & More
Educational Qualification(s): English Honors Course in Mass Communication
Debut Film (Hindi): Gold (2018)
Film (Punjabi): Hero Hitler in Love (2011)
TV: Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi (2007)
Hobbies: Reading, Painting, Travelling, Sketching, Dancing
2016: ITA Award for Desh Ki Dhadkan – Best Actress – Popular
2017: Golden Petal Award for Best Actress (Female)
Controversy During the reality show “Pati Patni Aur Woh” she had some issues with actress Debina Bonnerjee.
Boys, Affairs and More
Marital Status: Unmarried
Affairs/Boyfriends: Gaurav Chopra (Actor)
Mohit Raina (Actor)
Parents: Father– Anil Roy (Superintendent)
Mother– Mukti Roy (Teacher)
Siblings: Brother– Mukhar Roy (Younger)
Read Also | Irrfan Khan Age, Death, Wife, Children, Family, Biography & More
Favourite Food(s): Kadi Chawal, Khichdi, Mishti Doi and Chinese food
Bollywood: Shah Rukh Khan
Hollywood: Leonardo DiCaprio, Ryan Gosling
Favourite Actress: Madhuri Dixit
Favourite Film: Harry Potter
Favourite Song: Lag Jaa Gale from the film “Woh Kaun Thi”
Favourite Destination(s): London and Paris
Favourite Author: William Shakespeare
Net Worth (approx.): ₹70 Crores ($1 million)
Some Lesser Known Facts About Mouni Roy
- Does Mouni Roy smoke?: No
- Does Mouni Roy drink alcohol?: Not Known
- She hails from a filmy background; like her mother, Mukti is a theatre artist and her grandfather, Shekhar Chandra Roy was a renowned theatre artist in West Bengal.
- She is a well-trained Kathak and Ballerina dancer. She was also the finalist of Jhalak Dikhla Jaa in 2014.
- During her college days, she worked as a choreographer.
- Apart from being a dancer and an actress, she is a big art lover and loves doing painting and sketching during her leisure time.
- She is passionate about reading novels, and whenever she travels, she prefers carrying one or two novels with her.
- She made a headstart to her career in Ekta Kapoor‘s sitcom Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi as Krishna Tulsi, and she became quite popular after her debut serial.
- Mouni shares a great bond with actress Sanjeeda Sheikh and considers her as her best friend.
- She admires her father a lot and wants to emulate him in his principles.
- According to some reports, she had lip surgery, but she denies any such reports.
- She is a global trotter and has travelled a lot of places- Dubai, Hong Kong, New York, Paris, Europe, and many more.
- Mouni’s appearance in Naagin and Naagin 2 received great laurels from the viewers.
- She has also voiced the role of Sita in the animated movie- Mahayodha Rama.
- In the serial Mahadev, Mouni shared the screen with Mohit, and the two fell in love with each other. Since then, the couple is dating each other.
- In 2018, she hit the big screen with her first lead in the Bollywood film- Gold alongside Akshay Kumar.
- She loves spending time with children. Whenever kids are around, she loves playing and enjoying with them.